Let KidSpeak, LLC help your family set up and monitor your child’s shadow within their school setting.
There are numerous reasons to utilize a shadow within your child’s preschool setting such as: increasing their classroom skills (i.e.: following along with the school day, participating within structured group times, participating within play, etc); increasing their social communication skill; increasing their play skills; increasing their overall attention and participation; increasing theory of mind and perspective taking skills; and much more.
The first step is having your child complete a Speech and Language Evaluation. Once your child has completed an evaluation, your KidSpeak, LLC therapist will be able to help your family with the shadow/consult process.
Step One: Finding a School
If you have not found a school, KidSpeak, LLC would be happy to help your family find a school (we do not promise that we will find one; however, we will do our best to find the most appropriate school setting for your child). This service includes the therapist and/or family researching and visiting a variety of schools to determine the most appropriate placement for your child. The cost for this service is $150/hour plus any travel charges.
Step Two: Finding a Shadow
If you have not already found a shadow, KidSpeak, LLC would be happy to help your family find a shadow (we do not promise that we will find one; however, we will do our best to find the most appropriate shadow). The cost for finding a shadow is embedded within your Monthly Shadow Consultation Fee; however, if you choose not to participate within the Monthly Consultation Service, then the cost for finding a shadow is $150/hour.
Step Three: Meetings with Family, Shadow and Teacher
1) Meeting 1: Therapist and shadow meeting (to discuss child, shadow expectations, school environment and more). This meeting will take place at the KidSpeak, LLC office. There is no charge for this meeting as it is part of the Monthly Shadow Consultation Fee.
2) Meeting 2: Therapist, shadow and parent meeting (to discuss expectations, dates for future meetings and more). This meeting will take place at the KidSpeak, LLC office. The cost is $150/hour. This is not part of the Monthly Shadow Consultation Fee -- this is at an additional cost.
3) Meetings 3, 4 and 5: Therapist, shadow and parents meet with child’s teachers (prior to the beginning of the semester, at mid-semester and prior to the end of the semester) to discuss expectations and use of the shadow as well as how the child is doing in his or her environment. The therapist may make a variety of visuals to help the child in the classroom. The cost is $150/hour plus any travel expenses. These meetings will take place at your child’s school. This is not included within your Monthly Shadow Consultation Service Fee.
Step Four: Weekly/Monthly Shadow/Therapist Visits
1) Therapist and shadow meet once a week (via in person, email or phone) throughout the semester to discuss any problems, any changes, etc. Here the therapist may make a variety of visuals in order to help the child within the
classroom environment. A weekly daily note will be written by the shadow and provided to the parents by the therapist every two weeks. These daily notes will be tailored to each child and their environment. There is a monthly charge of $400 plus the cost of your shadow (the cost of the shadow is determined by the family and shadow and payment for these services do not include KidSpeak, LLC).
KidSpeak, LLC offers other numerous shadowing/consulting services:
1) Utilizing a KidSpeak, LLC Speech-Language Pathologist to shadow your child at their school. ($150/hour)
2) Utilizing a KidSpeak, LLC Speech-Language Pathologist to observe your child at school once, bi-monthly or once a month when their shadow has been removed. This a great way to see how your child is doing without their shadow as well as to see how the teachers are doing without the shadow. ($150/hour). Please see the Section on Home/Educational Consulations for more information.
If you are interested in this service or have any questions please contact Amanda Rollins, MS, CCC-SLP at 214-636-0871 or at Amanda@kidspeakdallas.com.
**In order to help your child the best within their school environment it is also recommended that your child participate within at least one weekly individual speech and language therapy visit.**
** KidSpeak, LLC travels within a 15 mile radius from our office. If your school is outside of this 15 mile radius there is an additional $20 travel fee (for every additional 15 miles).**