It's the most wonderful time of the year! During this holiday season, watch your child bring a smile to each of his loved one's faces with this Christmas activity! A Christmas collage is a fun gift idea; it is also a great way to work on fine-motor skills, higher level cognitive skills including brainstorming and making inferences/predictions, and Theory of Mind!
· Christmas magazines, family pictures, and wrapping paper
· Construction Paper or Cardstock
Help your child identify which family member the collage will be for or about.
The collage can be a variety of themes:
· Family Christmases
· Special moments with _______
· Things I love about ______
· ______'s Favorite Things
· And more!
Help your child brainstorm ideas of what pictures might be appropriate for the collage.
Allow your child to cut out pictures from old magazines, select appropriate family pictures, or cut out images from wrapping paper.
Have your child glue the pictures all over the construction paper. Instruct her to leave no "white" on the paper (Cover every inch)!
Create a collage for each family member and place them under the tree! What a fun surprise on Christmas morning!
Fun ways to use your Christmas collages:
· Play I-spy! (as suggested on notimeforflashcards.com)
· Laminate them and use them as placemats (as seen on icanteachmychild.com)
· Share them in an old-fashioned Show and Tell activity
· Combine them and create a Christmas mural